2010 Current Initiatives
Current Planning Documents
May 27th, 2010
Discovery Service (SuperSearch) – Strategic Goal 1
- Objective: Implement an advanced web-based search tool (EbscoEDS);
- Intended Outcome: enhance discovery of scholarly information;
- Impacted Services: Web site, catalog, subject portals.
Program Based Organizational Model – Strategic Goal 1, 2, 3
- Objective: Implement a revised library organizational model built around the three primary strategic programs;
- Intended Outcome: improve strategic and operational focus and resource utilization.
- Impacted Services: All, staffing assignments.
Program Plan –Library Teaching and Learning – Strategic Goal 2
- Objective: Plan for a comprehensive teaching and learning program;
- Intended Outcome: enhance long term focus, and insure integration with Drake Curriculum and Professional Programs
- Impacted Services: FYS, credit courses, Info Commons.
Knowledge Base Projects – Strategic Goal 1
- Objective: Continue to migrate collections to electronic format, and conduct trials of on-demand delivery of e-content;
- Intended Outcome: enhanced access to scholarly materials;
- Impacted Services: Journals, monographs, databases, selection processes.
Catalog Study – Strategic Goal 1
- Objective: Conduct an analysis of long-term on-line catalog and related system functions (in conjunction with Law Library);
- Intended Outcome: potential replacement of existing ILS, cost reallocation;
- Impacted Services: on-line catalog, ILS modules.
Citizens Arise – Phase II – Strategic Goal 3
- Objective: implement the “discourse and dissent” phase;
- Intended Outcome: continue to engage Drake community
- Impacted Services: teaching, discourse, facility.